Tofu with rice and green beans
- Extra-firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 2 tbsp's reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp peeled grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp toasted sesami oil
- 100g green beans, trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp sesame seeds
Line a large plate with paper towels and place the tofu on top. Cover with more paper towels and place a heavy item on top, pressing down on the tofu. Set aside for 10-30 mins. Meanwhile, arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 180 degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with cooking spray.
Whisk the soy sauce or tamari, garlic, honey, ginger and sesame oil together in a large bowel; set aside.
Cut the toffee into triangles and place in a single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle with soy sauce mixture. Bake until golden brown on the bottom, 12 to 13 mins. Flip the tofu, and cook for a further 10-12 mins until the other side is golden brown. Serve up, and sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds.
Can enjoy the tofu with a side of steamed green beans and some brown rice! Or whatever you desire.