Simple Vietnamese rice paper rolls
- Rice paper rolls
- Salad/veg desired (cucumbers, carrots, bean sprouts, lettuce)
- Chicken or any meat/meat alternative
- Vermcelli noodles (optional)
- Soy sauce & small dollop mayonnaise if desired (or any side sauce)
- Lime or lemon (if desired)
- Cut up salad/veg - carrots, cucumber and lettuce into long thin slices, bean sprouts as is
- Cook chicken and cut up
- Cook the vermicelli noodles according to packet instructions (I sub-merge mine in a bowl of hot water and then drain)
- Place chicken and cut up salad/veg on serving bowl/plate, same with vermicelli noodles
- Boil the kettle and pour boiling hot water onto a shallow plate which has rims (like photo)
- Have another plate which you will construct your rice paper roll on
- Get 1 rice paper sheet out of the packet, and carefully place it onto the plate with the boiling hot water until it has submerged and turned gel-like (i.e. no longer a hard sheet). Be careful not to burn yourself and try to keep the sheet in it's circle size and not scrunch up.
- Bring the sheet out of the water and place on the other plate you will be eating off - spread out
- Put some salad/veg, chicken, vermicelli noodles and sauce with a squeeze of lime in the centre of the sheet and roll up accordingly to make a rice paper roll! Enjoy!
You can make these any way you want and get creative.